all about ME

My photo
Cebu City, Philippines
♛♕Filipino ツ proud Cebuana ® Registered Nurse ☜ IV Nurse ♘ a graduate from Cebu Doctors' University ♪♬♩Music Enthusiast ♨food lover ت dog lover ⇦⇧⇨ traveler ♧♣ dreamer ◑◇◆ believer ☆★ ambitious ™ crazy, bubbly and joker of the group 웃 true friend †Christian∞

10.13.2012

my experience with QA.






and so... this is it! the day I tried my luck with Qatar Airways.

 Started my day by preparing my outfit. As you can see, I'm wearing a yellow-green inner blouse, I chose to wear a light colored blouse for me to look ahmmm.. fresh maybe? haha! I also wore a dark brown pencil-cut skirt, a blazer and a pair of black stilettos (not seen in the pictures).

  I woke up early, around 6AM,  took a bath and ate a light breakfast. (I didn't want to look like a seahorse with my suit) hehe. The CV Submission starts at 9AM so my mother and I left the house at around 7:30AM since we're living in Pasay area and Manila Hotel is kinda' far :)

Arrived in the Hotel and saw FA applicants in the lobby looking tensed just like me, waiting for the function room to open. After few minutes of waiting patiently, we were then asked to fall in line for the registration.

On the registration counter, we were asked to write our complete name, age and contact number. After which, we were requested to reach the adhesive tape on the wall measuring 212 centimeters on tip toes (take note). Once you've reached it, you are to go inside the function room and wait until the recruiters arrive.

 At 9AM sharp, the CV submission started with the recruiters announcing the instructions as to how the process goes. (Please, please listen carefully coz' you don't want to look "stupid" in front of the recruiters and  everybody). so, What to expect during the close encounter with the recruiters on submitting your resume?

  Even if they tell you that there will be no interviews, only submission, expect that there will be small talks.
Upon submission, they will most probably ask your name, your age, your work experience, whether your currently employed, a fresh graduate, or is it your first time applying for QA and.. stuff like that. The point is, you have to be ready when they ask you anything. Well, the goal there is to impress them and sell yourself as best as you can. haha! I didn't quite anticipate my question.

 The recruiter was a young American woman and she looked friendly. After asking my personal details, she then asked my work experience and I just stood there trying to compose an honest and catchy answer but my mind totally blacked out!! haha.. so I just said, "Honestly, I can't tell you much about my experience since I am a fresh graduate and so. and so.." then she smiled and said thank you. When I walked out of there, I realized that I could have given her a much nicer answer! and I forgot to sell myself!! grrrrrrr.(ANXIETY ATTACK)!!

 As we were heading home, I thought to myself, that I will never get the call because I wasn't ready at all and it showed in my answers!! Time went by, and there was no call. haha!

If you don't believe, then it will NEVER come true. Lesson learned.


Now I gotta try my luck again either on the nursing field or airline industry. haha!! but what an experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment